Vision problems: Refractive errors are manifested during this period
- screwing of eyes to watch TV
- difficulty in reading the blackboard
- poor posture while reading
- lack of interest in playing outdoor games
- Myopia – short sightedness, cannot see distant object clearly, does not progress after adolescence
Treatment – with spectacles (concave lens), contact lens ,LASIK surgery after 16 yrs.
Hypermetropia – only symptoms eye strain,cannot see near objects clearly (eg reading) patients with recurrent styes, squint. Treatment with convex lens, contact lens, LASIK Astigmatism -defective vision, changes in the corneal curvature.
Treatment – cylindrical lens , contact lens , LASIK Computer Vision
Syndrome – results from focusing on the computer screen for prolonged periods of time.
Symptoms – headache, blurred vision, neck pain, eye strain-dry eyes, application of tears to decrease dryness and relieve strain. Blink frequently and look out of window.